You have questions, we have answers.
For technical garments, we recommend NIKWAX® tech wash when laundering. It is designed specifically for use with technical garments and helps to re-invigorate waterproofing. Use caution around heat sources, such as hot dryers, heat registers, fires, fireplaces, and hot irons. They can burn holes or melt the fabrics. Heat source damage is not covered under warranty.
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear, improper care, accident, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use
- All garments eventually show signs of wear and tear - basic wear and tear is not covered under warranty
- Goose down feather fill pull-through is common, normal, and therefore, not covered under warranty
- Pant legs cut by ski edges are normal wear and tear
- Real fur
- Damage to fabric and water repellent coatings caused by melting, abrasions, improper care, or duck tape application (the residual adhesive coating from duck tape may even make a repair impossible to complete)
- Heat source damage
- Counterfeit products
Please send the item in to Descente using a shipping method that provides you with a tracking number and a required signature upon delivery. Please be sure that the shipping is prepaid and the package is insured for full replacement value. Ensure the tracking number is on the outside of the box on the shipping label.
In the USA, Ship to:
Descente North America
334 Marshal Way, Suite A
Layton, Utah 84041
Download and fill out the Warranty Repair/Repair Form at www.descente.com or place a short legible note inside the box clearly explaining the warranty/repair issue affecting your garment. Include your name, phone number, email address, and street address where someone will be available to sign for the package, as we ship returned items via FedEx and require a signature on delivery. Adding an email address will make it faster and easier to contact you.
Please Telephone for a Ship to Location - 800.999.0475, extension 116
Include the Return Authorization number on both the inside and outside of the box. Place a short legible note inside the box clearly explaining the warranty/repair issue affecting your garment. Include your name, phone number, email address, and street address where someone will be available to sign for the package, as we ship returned items via Purolator® and require a signature on delivery. Adding an email address will make it faster and easier to contact you.
Please remember to clean the garment before sending it in. Government regulations require that garments accepted for repair be clean. Should Descente need to clean the garment prior to evaluation and/or repair, the customer will need to pay the professional cleaning cost. In addition, sending out a garment for cleaning adds a delay in the processing time of up to two weeks or more.
Descente's normal turnaround time is between one and four weeks. This includes outbound return ground shipping time.
Nothing fits like Descente
Descente proudly supports your local specialty retail shops. Because of this, we use the fulfillment company Shopatron rather than selling/shipping direct.
- To initiate a return, call Shopatron (866.625.5050) or log into your Shopatron account and obtain a return number.
- You can only initiate a return after an order has been marked as shipped.
- The refund will be for the full value of the returned items, unless otherwise noted.
- Shipping and handling will not be refunded.
- Credit for returned items will be applied to the credit method that was used to make the purchase. Returns will be applied to the purchasing credit card within 10 days of the date the return is accepted by the fulfiller.
- If a restocking fee is a applied to returned items, the amount of the fee is displayed on the final checkout screen when you complete the order and is noted on the packing list included with the order.
- If the return is due to defective produce, inaccurate product descriptions, or an incorrect order, call Shopatron to initiate the return. In these cases, you may be compensated for the return shipping.
Descente products are covered against defects in materials and workmanship for the practical lifetime of the product.
What’s Not Covered?
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear.
- Improper care
- Natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use.
- Goose down feather fill pull-through is common, normal, and therefore, not covered.
- Real fur
- Pant legs cut by ski edges.
- Heat source damage
- Counterfeit products
Damage not covered under warranty will be repaired for a reasonable and fair rate. A fee will be charged for return shipping. Customers will be notified of the repair cost prior to the repair being performed. We will contact you via email or telephone with a final estimate.
Who pays for shipping?
The customer pays for the inbound shipping to Descente. Descente provides the outbound return ground shipping back to the customer. Shipping charges for all non-warranty repairs are at the owner’s expense.
How can I find the status of my repair order?
You will be notified once your product has been evaluated. Anytime you have further questions, you may contact 800.999.0475.
Contact the Retail shop directly.
How to Process Return-USA
How to Process Return-CANADA
All returns must be processed through the Descente Retail location the product was purchased.
Race suits are covered under warranty for stitching and zipper repairs only. Belts will be covered under warranty while supplies last.
Warranty policies vary from country to country. Please use our contact page to inquire.